HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Personalized Coaching and Specialized Training and Development Sessions
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition & Day Care Reimbursement
- Medical, Life, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401k Matching Program
- Supplemental Insurances
- Casual Dress Code
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities for Advancement (Over 90% of our promotions are internal)
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Consults with management to prepare employee policies, procedures and practices.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Promotes a safe and secure working environment for all employees by advising and partnering with center leaders, the Security Dept. and others as needed.
- May assist with coordinating the crisis management team in the center meeting on a regular basis, undergoing annual training and being aware of all changes to safety processes and procedures.
- May assist with enforcement of safety procedures and promoting general workplace safety.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster knowledge, compliance and positive attitude toward company goals; Prepares and uses required electronic and printed materials.
- Monitors and maintains employee records, including personnel files in soft and hard copy, new hire paperwork and processes, and records correction using consistent and uniform processes; Directs archival and retrieval of archived records including document descriptions and reference aids; Directs disposition of worthless/outdated materials in compliance with applicable laws.
- Keeps records of promotions, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Handles employee relations concerns; Conducts investigations and mediation/arbitration; Advises management on appropriate resolution; Conducts focus groups and oversees employee engagement.
- Administers criminal background policies and procedure, as well as drug screenings consistently and according to established procedures.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and harassment prevention; Collaborates with the LD&E team on programs such as Aspiring Leader and New Leader Assimilation.
- Reviews, advises, and follow up with management on performance management issues and disciplinary documentation, insuring accuracy and compliance with company policy.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program, as applicable, to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Prepares, advises and/or reviews employee separation notices and related documentation; May conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Coordinates local Corporate Social Responsibility plans including conducting center and community service activities (publicity, logistical details, pictures, and newsletter articles)
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Builds strong relationships with HR Leadership, HR team, all leaders in assigned center, and senior management.
- Is open and responsive to consistent coaching, taking an active role in performance planning and goal setting.
- Acts as a role model at all times, adherence to high ethical standards.
- Takes responsibility and initiative to develop core skills and competencies by being involved in every facet of personal development.
- Is flexible in an environment by championing and embracing change.
- Responsible for periodic training such as harassment prevention programs, professionalism, winning culture meetings, and related programs.
- High degree of accessibility and availability to all employees; Works primarily onsite at the center to better observe/enforce and respond to issues involving company culture and policy compliance.
WHAT WE EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of: Applicable federal and state employment laws; Computer programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook; payroll/employee systems; telephone system and its’ functions; copier/scanner/printer. Company policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook and Leadership Manual; General knowledge of Human Resources; Working knowledge of employment-related laws and practices; All company benefits; Trends in employee relations and benefit administration and human relations in order to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Ability to: Represent the company to all government agencies; Communicate about company benefits; Defuse volatile situations; Resolve conflict; Motivate employee; Take initiative; Demonstrate organizational skills, prioritize duties and re-prioritize as necessary in a changing environment; Develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and across departments; Communicate effectively in both oral and written form; Clearly explain processes and policies; Perform detailed tasks with accuracy; Use discretion; Learn additional technology applications such as in-house payroll/employee system; Successfully interface with clients (internal/external); Understand and exhibit a customer service orientation;
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; or four to ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous HR experience required. Current applicable HR certification strongly preferred or current enrollment in a study program for HR certification preferred.
- Language skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to speak effectively and use proper grammar with groups to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Valid driver’s license. Certified in Employment Law, Professional Human Resources or Senior Professional Human Resources, or SHRM-CP highly preferred.