Position Description: Regional Human Resources Manager
ATW (a Bain Capital portfolio company) is the most diversified manufacturer, largest retailer and distributor of professional grade and consumer grade trailers, parts and accessories in North America. With superior positioning in the trailer industry and leading products across a diverse array of end markets, ATW is continuing to expand. Our recently created Pro Grade business unit combines our two market leading brands (BigTex and PJ) in the professional grade trailer market. This change has created a new leadership opportunity for a Regional HRM to join the team to lead the HR function at our four manufacturing facilities in Wills Point, TX, Mount Pleasant, TX and Cordele, GA. What is unique about this opportunity? You will be immersed in a fast-paced and everchanging environment where you will experience the satisfaction of establishing these Pro Grade manufacturing locations as an “employer of choice.” What is expected of me? This is a hands-on HR Business Partner. You will be part of the business you support, providing coaching and development to the local HR Generalists, as well as the plant leadership. Spending time in the plants to understand the Team Members and the atmosphere where they work in order to champion programs for engagement & recognition. Spearheading the drive for a reduction in employee turnover. Create an environment where our employees are engaged in their work and feel both accountable and empowered for making suggestions and improvements on how they perform their roles. The Regional HRM is a champion for change and an advocate for both the company and its employees. You will demonstrate our core values of Visionary Leadership, Tenacious Determination, Personal Ownership and Continuous Improvement to ensure we attract, retain and develop our candidates and employees.• Candidate must be able to travel to fly, with overnight stays to one of the regional manufacturing locations (e.g., Cordelle, GA) approximately 6-8 times a year. • The candidate must reside in East or Northeast of 635 in Dallas; must be able to have a daily commute to Mount Pleasant or Wills Point as needed.
• Partner with VP of HR (Pro Grade) to identify and implement retention strategies
• Identify short-term and long-term hiring needs and develops recruiting strategies
• Partner with EH&S leadership to create an environment where safety is at the core of every process we perform and every decision that we make
• Participates with HR Team and others on corporate level projects
• Manages and reports required HR business metrics (turnover, retention, engagement)
• Define onboarding procedures in alignment with our company culture
• Help organize employer branding activities (e.g. host a recruitment event)
• Coach and support plant leadership on employee relations issues
• Conduct training needs analysis for front line supervisors
• Lead resolution of employee relations’ issues and conducts investigations as necessary. Ensure compliance with all state, federal and industry safety and environmental standards and regulations
What Qualifications and Experience is required for success in this role?
• Minimum 5 years of experience in HR management
• Minimum 3 years of experience driving HR initiatives in a manufacturing facility with heavy production and/or distribution environments
• Ability to influence others via strong relationships, negotiation and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated track record of success in recruiting salaried and hourly employees. Knowledge of behavioral based interviewing a plus.
• Experience in researching, developing, and implementing HR best practices.
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation.
• BA-BS in HR, Management or related field.
To apply: https://www.bigtextrailers.com/jobs
Position Description: Human Resources Generalist
Supports the Human Resources department in developing, deploying and continuously improving a wide variety of Human Resources initiatives and programs throughout the workforce to meet and exceed business objectives, while driving functional excellence. Specific responsibilities include talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, compensation, training, organizational effectiveness and development and execution of HR programs and initiatives that align with short and long-term business objectives.
© 2020 - East Texas Human Resources Associations - All Rights Reserved
Chapter #269, P.O. Box 9505, Longview, TX 75608